Attending networking events is an integral part of your career strategy. It allows you to maintain current relationships, build new ones, and be part of a professional team.
Preparation Before a Networking Event:
- Practice your elevator pitch
- Bring lots of business cards
- Make sure your shoes are polished, nails are polished, and speech is polished
- Bring a pen (not one that is chewed at the top) and a small pad of paper
- Bring mints; you don’t want to be remembered for the wrong thing. (Chewing gum is a big NO; it never looks good)
- Bring Kleenex
Susan Caplan is the go-to MARKETING YOURSELF expert. She is an inspiring keynote speaker, consultant, teacher and author of the Marketing Yourself to the Real World™ book series.
Hire: keynote speaker, resume writing, career coach
Purchase Books: Marketing Yourself to the Real World™