Whether you’re attending a job fair on a college campus or one in the community, be prepared. Remember, marketing is about buying or selling a product/service in the marketplace. That is what you are doing at the job fair, except YOU are the product.
People make an impression of you from what they see/hear in an instant so here are some recommendations:
- Research the companies that will be represented at the job fair. Pick three you like, review their website, and be ready to discuss specifics about that company.
- Dress professionally
- Bring business cards and resumes
- Prepare a personal statement to explain what you’re looking for….and try to target this especially for the top three companies.
- Exhibit high energy and a positive attitude
- Shake hands when you meet someone…make it a firm handshake…and look them in the eye