Finding the right job means meeting and talking to as many people in your ‘target audience’ group as possible. Keep your name ‘top of mind’ so when someone hears of a job opportunity they think of you first.
Today, the top places where employers find qualified job candidates are:
- Referral from a friend or colleague
- Referral though a trusted organization or association
- Online job posting, typically from the company website
- LinkedIn, Twitter
- Promote or hire someone whose work they already know
- School job sites or alumni networks